NEALE DONALD WALSCH: Do you think you know what or who god is?
Author Neale Donald Walsch has been writing for over 20 years about the understandings that can bring us personal peace and world peace. Do you think you know what/who god is? Are you willing to question yourself? In the beginning of his book,The Storm before the Calm, Neale gently invites the reader by writing:
Can we talk?
My dear, dear friends…my wonderful companions on this human journey…
I’m so glad that you’re here, and I hope that your answer to the question just above is yes, because it’s very important that you hear this: We’re experiencing something quite extraordinary on the earth right now. I’m going to give it a name here.
We are experiencing The Overhaul of Humanity.
This is not an exaggeration. This is reality. It is observable at every turn.
Yet here is something that is not so observable:Things are not as they seem.
And I think, before the world and its people get too far along this road, we all need to be aware of that.
We also need to be aware that there’s nothing to be afraid of in our future if we will all but play our role in creating it. And that role—the role we are being invited to play by Life Itself—is going to be veryeasyto play.
I have more that I want to share with you around all this. Let me give you a summary of everything I have come here to say:
* A major shift is occurring on our planet
* There is nothing to be afraid of if we all play our role in this shift
* Our role is easy to play, and it can actually be fun
* It involves having fabulous conversations revolving around seven simple questions
* The asking and answering of these questions can result in the creating of solutions to humanity’s biggest problems
* It is time for us to place before humanity a New Cultural Story, sending us in brand new directions in politics, economics, culture, education, relationships, work, marriage, sexuality, parenting, and every area of human endeavor; a manifesto created by all of us, working as co-authors.
* There are some exciting opening thoughts about what that document could contain that I think you should hear.
Oh, and I don’t want to talk with you just about “world conditions” or “the global situation” or “our planetary crisis.” As important as those topics are, I’m clear that the Overhaul of Humanity is overhauling each of us. One look at how much has changed inyourlife in the past three years will tell you that.
So I’d like to have some exchanges with you as well about easing any struggle or negativity that may be present in your own personal life.
Okay, there you have it. The whole agenda. Can we talk?
The core of the book revolves around 7 questions, found in chapter 7. Because I think it’s a good thing for as many people as possible to consider these questions, I’m going to include them, as written in the book here:
The Seven Simple Questions
The following inquiries, made in the depth of our own soul, and used by us to invite others into their own soul searching, could change the world.
The Three Persistent Questions
1. How is it possible that 6.9 billion people can all claim to want the same thing (peace, security, opportunity, prosperity, happiness, and love) and besingularly unable to get it?
2. Is it possible that there is something we do not fully understand about life,the understanding of which would change everything?
3. Is it possible that there is something we do not fully understand aboutourselves, about ourownlife and its purpose,the understanding of which would shift our reality and alter our experience for the better, forever?
These are powerful questions. They deserve answers.They at least deserve being asked.Yet are great numbers of people asking them? Are politicians? No. Presidents and prime ministers, kings and heads of state? No. Religious figures? No. Educators? Not many. Military generals and admirals? No. Leaders of business and industry? No. Ordinary people at their dinner table? Well, yes, possibly. Beginning now. Perhaps. Beginning now.
Ordinary people like you and I will now be asking these questions all over the planet. And when we finish asking the first three, we’ll then move to…
The Four Fundamental Questions of Life
1. Who am I?
2. Where am I?
3. Why am I where I am?
4. What do I intend to do about that?
I do not believe that one can ignore these questions and rapidly evolve. None of us can. We must end any personal confusion we may have around these questions (there are many other questions in life, but these are foundational), or we will go through our days and nights having no idea what we’re doing or why we’re doing it.
This is the situation with most people on the earth today.And that is the reason why the world is in the conditionthat it’s in.